Monday, April 4, 2016

The problem with DLC (Downloadable content)

I believe that DLC is a great way to add content after a games release. However, some of the DLCs that are released are bad. First, I will get into pre-order DLC. Pre-order DLC is where if you order the game before it comes out you get DLC for it. This DLC should already be in the game, and I shouldn't have to place a pre-order to get certain items. What makes me mad is how certain stores give certain DLC that other don't. Why should I have to buy from a certain store to get content that should already be in the Game?
Another type of DLC that really bugs me is the season pass. For those who don't know what a season pass is it is something you can buy to get the DLCs for a game for a lower price. Sounds like a good idea right? Well sometimes season passes are released months before a games release. So people are buying DLC when they haven't even played the main game.
The Last type of bad DLC is micro DLC. This is mostly seen in free to play games, but recently games on the consoles and pc have had micro DLC which really bugs me that you can spend a lot of money for in game currency. This makes people who don't want to buy micro DLC at a disadvantage compared to people who spend money on micro dlc. Micro DLC makes games unbalanced and is a waste of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment