Saturday, May 21, 2016

Call of Duty: What is happening?

    The popular video game francize , Call of Duty, is a first person shooter full of action and excitement. Three different companies making COD (Call of Duty) games.  The newest COD, Black Ops 3, has supply drops that give you three things, a weapon cameo, new gear, a calling card, or a rare weapon.  You can open supply drops by playing the game or paying for supply drops using COD points.  Lately, there has been a black market "Blackout" where people aren't paying real money for these supply drops.  Treyarch has responded to this by adding black market contracts.  Basically, if you win 75 games, you get a free weapon and 10x rare supply drops.  Also, they are going to add daily and weekly contracts.
           Because I own the season pass and I won 75 games, I was able to obtain two weapons. The mx Grand and the HG-40 from my bribe.  One of my friends was even luckier than I was and ended up gaining 2 weapons from the free rare supply drops. My complaint about this new weapon drop is that you can get a repeat or just a re-skin of the combat knife.  My friend, Brandon, spent the weekend grinding the game (Playing it non-stop) and he just got a crowbar which does nothing special.  Overall, I like how they gave everyone a free way to get a black market weapon. Other games like CS:GO allow players to be able to sell excusive/rare weapons for real life cash, but in this game, people are just wasting their money.   I hope that Treyarch will do more of this and reward people for playing their game instead of making people empty their wallets just to get an in game weapon.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment